Sunday, October 19, 2008

Colin Powell

I don't normally use my blog as a political forum. Infact I don't ever use it as such. I think it's obvious who I would support for president, I think it's obvious who of the two candidates belong at the helm of America. The reason I am posting this video is because of its significance. Because today, a man who had played a major roll in almost every American military campaign in the past 25 years, someone I have never felt inclined to support, and many times disagreed with, made a statement that showed me change is possible. A republican, Colin Powell endorsed a democrat for president, and spoke out in an extremely moving way against the persecution and the racism against Muslims and Islamic Americans and internationals. With all of the accusations of Barack Obama being Muslim, all we have heard is denials. All we have heard from the media and even from the democrats is "no he is a christian" and Colin Powell has brought up the argument that I have been making for the past few months, and that is, what if he were a Muslim? What if a 7 year old American Muslim boy is sitting at home watching the debates thinking to himself HE would like to be president?
This is America
Change is coming
Get involved

No comments: